venerdì 10 aprile 2015

When your World is fallen Apart

Today I want to share something really personal about me.
All it came yesterday when I read a bad news about a celebrity.
Taylor Swift told to her fans that her mother has been diagnosed cancer.
I like her, lately I like some of her songs, I like most of her style, she's nice and I share her taste in british men! (ahah) But I can't say I'm one of her biggest fan. I don't know why but I really felt empathy with her.



Maybe because I perfectly know what she's feeling right now.
You should know that my mom works abroad and I can see her just 2 or 3 times a year due to my studies and her work. Last May, she got a very bad flu, but she couldn't recover from it and she didn't know why. She decided to come back home to be cured and at the hospital they said it was just a bad flu. Two days after she went back to the hospital because she couldn't breathe and they finally found something. 
I can remember the exact moment when my dad called me and said that my mum was diagnosed with leukemia, and not a easy one. I was in another city for study, I threw something in my suitcase and took the train to come back home. It was the worst and longest journey of my life.
I still remember it was the 23rd of May, 4 days before my birthday and my life stopped. You can't imagine how I felt when I saw my mother laying in that bed.
I had the misfortune to handle this situation with insensitive doctors, they called me and my dad to tell us she had this serious form of leukemia and also a kidney failure, and she was dying.
My entire world stopped and fallen. My mom, my life, my reason of living was dying in front of me. I am really close to my mom and the thought of losing her for me was more than devastating.
It was strange but the first thing that came to my mind was "my mom will be not able to see my children", and it's not something you think when you're just 22.
That night I think I could die with her because my heart was bursting with pain.
Luckily we moved her to another better hospital and she began chemotherapy. I remember when my dad asked me to tell mom that she had leukemia, I don't even know how I was able to do it.
Thank God she recover a little and she's walking through this difficult travel, chemotheray, transplant, side effects. Believe me I didn't know she would fight like this. I think she's the strongest person I know.
Reading about Taylor Swift's mom make me think that she made a really remarkable gesture saying all to her fans. When someone has cancer, it's almost a natural reaction to hide the illness but there's nothing wrong share your feelings with people you care.





Taylor wrote this yesterday:

"Just so you know…
Hey guys,
I’m writing to you with an update I wish I wasn’t giving you, but it’s important and I’m used to sharing important events in my life with you. Usually when things happen to me, I process them and then write music about how I feel, and you hear it much later. This is something my family and I thought you should know about now.
For Christmas this year, I asked my mom that one of her gifts to me be her going to the doctor to get screened for any health issues, just to ease some worries of mine. She agreed, and went in to get checked. There were no red flags and she felt perfectly fine, but she did it just to get me and my brother off her case about it.
The results came in, and I’m saddened to tell you that my mom has been diagnosed with cancer. I’d like to keep the details of her condition and treatment plans private, but she wanted you to know.
She wanted you to know because your parents may be too busy juggling everything they’ve got going on to go to the doctor, and maybe you reminding them to go get checked for cancer could possibly lead to an early diagnosis and an easier battle… Or peace of mind in knowing that they’re healthy and there’s nothing to worry about. She wanted you to know why she may not be at as many shows this tour. She’s got an important battle to fight.
Thank you for caring about my family so much that she would want me to share this information with you.
I hope and pray that you never get news like this.
Love you.

Taylor "

I really appreciated the fact that she felt she had to share it with her fans.
I hope everything is coming back normal and good for her and for all the people that are facing and handling such a horrible situation like this.

Be brave, strong and never give up!





That's all for now

Talk to you soon


Carol

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento